Please remember that any photos, images or text on this blog remain my property, but if you wish to use any that you see, feel free to contact me for permission. Thank you for respecting my request and enjoy your visit.......Joy

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Allietare Step 5 - nearly there...

After a scorcher of a day here yesterday (41C) and with the air con on full blast, I have finished sewing Step 5 and nearly all of the 'finale' or reveal and final step.  Hoorah!!  This is one quilt I have enjoyed working on.  Everything just seemed to go right and I love the choice of materials I am using.

Typical of Bonnie is her way of keeping things very very secret until you get to the final clues and the 'reveal'.  There are actually only two (different) blocks in this entire quilt, plus it is set on point.  AND would you believe the setting triangles are 'pieced'.  First time for this, for me that is.

So, after a mammoth sewing day today, I have now completed all the blocks, setting triangles and am ready to lay them out tonight.......





Remember that pile of 2" finished HST's from Step 1 and the 2" black squares - here they are - all joined into a 4-patch.










AND they are also here as the corner blocks in these squares - joined with the red and white trapezoids. All ready on my design wall to be sewn together.  Please no comments on the one that has one of its components upside down.....

I promise I won't sew it this way...

But wait there's more of these little devils to come......








Four of the above blocks sewn and pressed.  Loving the secondary pattern in the middle.... but we have to wait and see how they are used in the quilt.











This block uses the yellow/neutral 4-patches, plus the red/black bow-tie type block.  They also look good together on the wall.






Of course, a close-up of two finished blocks -






The final lot of those pesky triangles are used with those long neutral strips with a triangle in the corner, together with a red triangle for the 'setting triangles'.  (Note 3 triangles to make one...LOL)






The blocks are set alternately on-point.  After laying them out on my floor I can start sewing them together.

Then, I can have my 'reveal', hopefully this weekend.

3 comments:

Vireya said...

Your blocks look great! It's going to be fun seeing 3 different versions at our next CBD meeting.

jacaranda said...

Love your colours, looking forward to seeing it and the others at CBD. Well done.

Jeann of Melton said...

Wow! The colours are working really well and I am looking forward to the finished quilt.